Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving bah hum bug ;-)

Ok thanksgiving is an interesting word.
Is it a noun, adjective or even a verb?
A day to “Give Thanks” they say.
But they end up just words in the spillway.

Is this my new form of Holiday bahumbug?
No, climb out of this cultural hole we dug
And create a passion to really appreciate.
Just toss out the turkey and crumb cakes.

I would ask you to join a new force.
Where your passion is the real source.
Give thanks to the gifts you have daily
Actually try to live life joyful and smiley.

I for one is the luckiest old fart that I know
Sure life is cluttered with daily sorrow
But I look and find for the joy everywhere
Then I smile to myself, so please… don’t stare.

I’m just giving thanks.

Dave Schipper © 2008 Rose Riversongs.

No comments: