Friday, December 5, 2008

God loves the little people

God loves little people by Dave Schipper © 2007 Rose Riversongs

I’ve got lots of friends in circles, though I’m standin in a line
Hell I even knew Studs Terkel, when I didn’t have a dime.
Kind of feel a little purple, when you see the rich ones shine.
When I’m with you, I’m just Merkel, and remembered for all time.

Just a little brash ‘n clutzy, I just tried to make you mine.
I was wired, you were putzy; shook my head most of the time.
It was at that very second, when I rounded the first base.
Your eyes just seemed to beckon, I was tagged out at home plate.

God loves the little people
He treats them good and kind
He watches from his steeple
So he can laugh inside
God loves the little lovers
He feeds them all the lines
He hopes they will discover
A love that last all of time.

I charged my cell phone just for you, but you didn’t return my call
I texted so much my thumb is blue, boy I really dropped the ball
You were my only that is true, with a word you’d know I’d crawl
I’d even buy you more new shoes, cuz without you I bawl and bawl.

No comments: