Thursday, October 25, 2018

Verse in a Song


Years they go by 
Adding up memories 
Was it a disco night or a Mo Udal rally
Either and both didn’t last long
Only verses in a song

Why can I paint 
And see my first kiss
Behind the garage near the park
Right off of Waldo Boulevard
What was her name now just a pawn
And just a verse in a song

I’m not an early riser
But my heart would pound for her
As I waited for the bus; 
A bouncy packet of the energy
Dark eyes, brown hair so long
What's left is this verse in a song

Chaotic as can be 
A little nympho was she
She became a friend who I left in he end 
I still wonder if we stayed around
Yet now only a verse in a song.

Prayers are answered 
And of course its her
We went from teasing to pleasing
Warm nights, cold butts, and years long
We are more than a verse in a song

Now platonic love 
Does fit like a glove 
Safely I’m old and allowed to hug
Many fine spirits and oh so young 
They live my last verse in song

By Dave Schipper (c) 2018 Rose Riversongs

note some write an autobiographical memoir, some write a song.  I've done the later.


No comments: