Sunday, November 5, 2017

Lucky dog

I am a copy of my old man
One that flirts with every pretty miss
You can trust me I’m no Peter Pan
I’ll sometimes hug, but never do I kiss

Why don’t we spend some time? 
Crying about a show.
Why don’t we talk a while? 
About your favorite Bordeaux
That dress that Margret wore 
Or what veggie you will grow.
Girl you got a friend
And I really want to know.

I am lucky dog, a trait I hold dear
Just lead me for a walk, throw me a smile.
I’ll sing you up a song, not loud but clear
Maybe a Dylan tune, but always worthwhile.

So you’re in Paradise
Hallelujah my friend
So when Johnny died
Did you Cry Cry Cry
Or sat alone in blue
Just tangled up again
Which tune you’d like to hear.
Knock twice for a Dylan.

I am a copy of my old man
One that flirts with every pretty miss
You can trust me, I’m no Peter Pan
I’ll sometimes hug, but rarely do I kiss

by Dave Schipper © 2016 Rose Riversongs

I decided to make this a spoken word piece on Bones  CD by Lucky Dog.


Here was it sounded like as a song.


No comments: