Saturday, March 9, 2019

Dream Catcher



Yes I turned the corner in the store to see
a wall of dream catchers; really?
How does an ancient native idea, 
get to be a modern decor piece.

I reach out to marvel at the taught string
wrapped around a birch branch
twisted in an incredibly precise circle
and I was transported to field.

Truly this was not an manufactured China
imitation dream catcher but real
I could smell the grain blowing in the breeze
I see hear my heart beat.

Spiritually my mouth was dry
but I could taste the coolness of a spring
Is this my imagination or did my touch
Open this dream world weaved into this piece.

The feathers so soft appeared to be a pheasant
And the sound of a rustling bird 
Taking to flight was total clarity.
Holy or mystical the dream catcher spirit lived.

by Dave Schipper (c) 2018 Rose Riversongs

No comments: