Tuesday, July 7, 2009

I saw you

I saw you yesterday in another woman’s body
I caught myself almost reaching out to hug her.
Her eyes were windows back to your soul.
Her style mirrored your playfulness.

So today I sit and ponder it all over again
So today all the time passed has faded to days
Your voice cracked with the words, “I’m leaving”
Your glance and words went lower.

We both knew what you had couldn’t be replaced
We both knew that wouldn’t make a difference
Yes we’ll stay in touch through all the new ways
Yes we’ll work out any of the old details.

But even still pictures will get fewer.
But time may make us forget each other
Oh that sure was you yesterday
Oh and yes I still miss you.

© 2009 Dave Schipper Rose Riversongs

2 comments:

Linda said...

I've finally been able to return to your blog by using Firefox it seems - IE still won't work. I always enjoy your thoughtful writings - they are very deep, from the heart. This one is a particular favorite.

Dave Schipper said...

thanks for keeping at it...

this one too was grounded in some truth too...always helps the writing a bit